Indie Playlist Mondays
Every week, we’ll share ten new tracks and videos that make us say yay!
Allow us to complement your growing indie playlist with some of the sweetest tunes.
We don’t rate with numbers because everything is cat-approved.
01. Major Lazer – Original Don (feat. The Partysquad)
Reuel: Another infectious-as-fuck Major Lazer dagger-inducing banger complete with your grandma’s house, Diplo serving sandwiches, and blade dancing.
02. Gigamesh – When You’re Dancing (Moullinex remix)
Roddy: Amazing work from Moullinex. Definitely a dancefloor favourite!
03. Kalae All Day – 20 Kit Kats for the Riff Raff
(prod. MF DOOM)
Reuel: A fresh MC calling out haters the right way: all you do is say shit, you must be an orifice.
04. Joker – On My Mind (feat. William Cartwright)
Howard: It’s raining right now, and I’m taking a sip of my coffee thinking about how you’re no good for my health.
05. Blu – The Clean Hand (prod. Pete Rock)
06. Slick Rick – Need Some Bad (prod. DJ Premier)
Howard: Don’t eat sushi
07. Pat Lok – No Shame
Roddy: Great track, it really builds up nicely!
08. Black Light Dinner Party – Gold Chain
Howard: You were an unconventional feminist. I was just a piece of jewelry to string along. Your rebellious gold chain.
09. Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Bicycle
Reuel: Break shit, blow things up, and don’t give a fuck. It’s what you’re good at, anyway.
10. Nujabes – Waiting for the Clouds (feat. Substantial)
Reuel: A track to listen to when you’re stuck at the mall, shopping for gifts.
We’ll be sure to keep your seat warm and the groove intact until next week’s indie playlist — Sweetest Drip got yer back.
Does this week’s indie playlist lack a track?
If you have a song you’d like featured on Indie Playlist Mondays, please feel free to contact us!